Thursday, August 27, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Of course, as the phrase goes, consult your vetirinarian first before making any important health decisions.
Here's more information about the product: http://www.advocate-spot-on.com/4405.0.html
Sarcoptic mange, commonly known as canine scabies, is caused by the parasite Sarcoptes scabiei. They are contagious to human at a different strain. This is how it looked like when viewed at the microscope. They just kept swimming and swimming under the lens. (Of course, my vet and master was the one who was able to view this, not I.)
So my vet gave me the following since I was just a 2 month old puppy and I couldn't be given any strong scabicides.
- Vitamins (LC VIT- 60 ml/ 120 php)
- Antihistamine Syrup (80 php)
- Antifungal soap (Dr. Kauffman)- since I was too small, too weak and too young for the real thing.
Was that all? YES!!! And she told my master that it will all depend on the her patience towards my battling this ailment.
|I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE CONVINCED ME TO POST THIS!|
For those who are curious of what had happened to my tail, SHE cut the darned hair around it because I had sarcoptic mange. The vet diagnosed me by obtaining a skin scraping and looking it through the microscope. (100 php down the drain)
- Me being weak (I always slept. Master thought that it was because I was just a pup)
- Itchy, itchy, itchy
- Crusty flakes found all over my body
- My 2 masters having rashes all over their upper torso. wrists, arms and thighs (Because they used to put me on their laps).
|This picture was taken last April 2, 2009. My master took a photo of me before my mange had worsened. She cut my fur because my skin grew flaky. I'm glad they didn't show my bald tail. I still looked cute here.|